Home » Employment » Executive Assistant
AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania (ALPP) seeks an Executive Assistant who will be responsible for providing support to the Executive Director. ALPP is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides legal representation, advocacy, advice and referrals to People Living with HIV throughout Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Your cover letter should describe your interest in working for ALPP. Applications will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct support to the Executive Director on a variety of matters including scheduling, meeting preparation, agenda development, and travel arrangements.
- Support preparation and follow up for meetings of the Board of Directors and Board committees.
- Extensive writing and editing documents, including correspondence, meeting announcements, meeting summaries and minutes.
- Produce meeting briefing materials and handouts, purchase refreshments and produce meeting minutes and notes.
- Write, organize and track grant applications and awards. This includes managing the calendar of deadlines for grant applications and reports. Organize materials for grant proposals and execute data requests as requested.
- Assist with development including private donor database and private donor correspondence, quarterly newsletter, fundraising, event planning and execution.
- Troubleshoot technology, both hardware and software, attending to the email system, server, computers and printers.
- Update website and social media platforms, including knowledge of website coding programs, HTML and WordPress.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Assist the Executive Director with other assigned tasks.
Required Skills: Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information. Organized, detail-oriented and conscientious. Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and follow through in a timely manner. Flexible and adaptable.
Additional Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as an executive assistant, administrative assistant, grant writer or related field. An ability to work in an environment with clients and colleagues who are diverse in race, gender identity, sex, class, sexual orientation, ethnicity and nationality.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. ALPP offers a competitive benefits package.