Election Day is just days away, and the AIDS Law Project urges you to plan how you will vote. For questions about voting, call or text 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683).
Here’s what Pennsylvanians and New Jerseyans need to know:
If you are not registered to vote, you have until Monday, Oct. 19.
- Go to a satellite election office to register, sign up for a mail-in ballot, complete it, and turn it in.
If you are registered but haven’t requested a mail-in ballot:
- Go to a satellite election office to request one and complete it there,
- Vote in person on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
If you already have your mail-in ballot:
- Take it to a drop box or satellite election office,
- Mail it immediately. Ballots postmarked by Tuesday, Nov. 3 will be counted if received by Friday, Nov. 6,
- Vote in person on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Bring the mail-in ballot package (ballot, secrecy envelope, and outside envelope) with you to vote in person. Without the ballot, you will can only vote a provisional ballot
To find statewide drop boxes, county election and satellite election offices, go to: https://www.votespa.com/voting-in-pa/pages/drop-box.aspx
To find your polling place, go to: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/PollingPlaceInfo.aspx
The election is being conducted primarily by mail in the Garden State. Every active registered voter will receive a ballot at the address where registered.
If you are not registered to vote, you have until Tuesday, Oct. 13.
- Register online: https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voter-registration.shtml
If you have your mail-in ballot:
- Mail it immediately. Ballots postmarked by Tuesday, Nov. 3 will be counted if received by Tuesday, Nov. 10,
- Place your ballot in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3. To find drop boxes, go to https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/vote-secure-drop-boxes.shtml
- Deliver it to your county’s Board of Election office by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3
- Bring your ballot to your polling place by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3. To find polling places, go to: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
If you haven’t received your vote-by-mail ballot:
- Request your ballot by Friday, Oct. 23.
- If you pick up a vote-by-mail ballot on Election Day, you have until 8 p.m. to return it to the Board of Elections, your polling place, or your county’s secure authorized ballot drop boxes.