Home » Justice Update » JUSTICE Planned: Make a plan to vote now
Election Day is just days away, and the AIDS Law Project urges you to plan how you will vote. For questions about voting, call or text 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683).
Here’s what Pennsylvanians and New Jerseyans need to know:
If you are not registered to vote, you have until Monday, Oct. 19.
- Go to a satellite election office to register, sign up for a mail-in ballot, complete it, and turn it in.
If you are registered but haven’t requested a mail-in ballot:
- Go to a satellite election office to request one and complete it there,
- Vote in person on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
If you already have your mail-in ballot:
- Take it to a drop box or satellite election office,
- Mail it immediately. Ballots postmarked by Tuesday, Nov. 3 will be counted if received by Friday, Nov. 6,
- Vote in person on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Bring the mail-in ballot package (ballot, secrecy envelope, and outside envelope) with you to vote in person. Without the ballot, you will can only vote a provisional ballot
To find statewide drop boxes, county election and satellite election offices, go to: https://www.votespa.com/voting-in-pa/pages/drop-box.aspx
To find your polling place, go to: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/PollingPlaceInfo.aspx
The election is being conducted primarily by mail in the Garden State. Every active registered voter will receive a ballot at the address where registered.
If you are not registered to vote, you have until Tuesday, Oct. 13.
- Register online: https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voter-registration.shtml
If you have your mail-in ballot:
- Mail it immediately. Ballots postmarked by Tuesday, Nov. 3 will be counted if received by Tuesday, Nov. 10,
- Place your ballot in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3. To find drop boxes, go to https://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/vote-secure-drop-boxes.shtml
- Deliver it to your county’s Board of Election office by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3
- Bring your ballot to your polling place by 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3. To find polling places, go to: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
If you haven’t received your vote-by-mail ballot:
- Contact your county clerk: County Clerk contact information
- Request your ballot by Friday, Oct. 23.
- If you pick up a vote-by-mail ballot on Election Day, you have until 8 p.m. to return it to the Board of Elections, your polling place, or your county’s secure authorized ballot drop boxes.